DO’s / CHECKLIST
Moving check list
Make sure that you don’t forget anything important on your moving day by ticking the boxes as you complete each task.
- Disconnection of Gas Cylinder, Telephone and other Utility services.
- Dispose of anything you don’t want.
- Finalize and confirm packing and pick up dates.
- Finalize packing company.
- Recheck and confirm relocation plans, finalize temporary and permanent accommodation.
- Notify your banks, credit card and insurance companies.
- Transfer your Bank Accounts if getting shift far away.
- Notify your telephone company and ISP.
- Collect all items lend and return borrowed items.
- Inform postal dept. / neighbours and letters to be redirected to new address.
- Take down any light fittings.
- Cancel milk and newspapers.
- Empty and defrost refrigerator 10 Hrs. before packing.
- Keep cash, travelers cheque, tickets and credits cards at convenient place for easy access.
- Plan where things will go in your new home
- Separate valuable items and important to hand-carry on moving day
- Sort out any items which are not to be moved
- Take NOC letter from destination and departure society (necessary in some society)
- arrange to have dinner outside or have parcel on day of shifting if need so
- Inform friends & relatives the date finalized for moving and new address
- Before leaving home check that all the taps, switches, windows, doors are closed and nothing is left
- Try for the admissions of your children in School / Colleges